Ninja Zone
Welcome to the Ninja Zone's forum page feel free to register once you do you can post topics use the chatbox pm other members ect. Just make sure you read the rules and follow them correctly thanks ~Naruto121~

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ninja Zone
Welcome to the Ninja Zone's forum page feel free to register once you do you can post topics use the chatbox pm other members ect. Just make sure you read the rules and follow them correctly thanks ~Naruto121~
Ninja Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signature limits?

2 posters

Go down

Signature limits? Empty Signature limits?

Post  Z Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:00 am

It might just be me, but I think that having extremely large signatures can be devastating to forums.

1. They make the site load slower.
2. They force users to scroll much more.
3. And if they're enormous, they go through the forum tables, which makes the topic look extremely bad.

There are currently no rules over anything about signatures.

I ask, if it would be possible to issue some control over the stuff that goes into your signature? Maybe a maximum file size limit along with a maximum resolution that you have available in your signature, you can't go over the file size limit neither the max resolution. For example, if you have a lot of pictures, which you really want to show and they all fit under the file size limit (every file's size multiplied together) but don't fit the resolution, you could put them in the spoiler tag and it would be fine since then it would fit the resolution as well.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Signature limits? Empty Re: Signature limits?

Post  Sasuke Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

True, but who would want to click on a spoiler just to see a Sig? And the spoiler could be a link to a viris that could ultimatly crash your computer.
Sasuke
Sasuke
Hinata's Admin

http://sasukefanboy44.chatango.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Z Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Sasuke wrote:True, but who would want to click on a spoiler just to see a Sig? And the spoiler could be a link to a viris that could ultimatly crash your computer.
A lot of people do that actually. Just put some interesting text there that makes people click there or something.

And no, clicking the spoiler tag would not be a link to the virus. Everything you can put inside the spoiler tag can be put outside of it as well. And they could put a LINK to some virus there. That doesn't mean people have to click on it. However, a huge image could just be inside the spoiler tags.

Your signature is 800x600px. Some old computers still have that resolution. That means their entire screen would be covered in your signature.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasuke Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:54 pm

True, But we are in the 21 century, Who whould have a Old computer like that these days?
Sasuke
Sasuke
Hinata's Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Z Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Sasuke wrote:True, But we are in the 21 century, Who whould have a Old computer like that these days?
Certainly not many, not there still are a few.

However, even with the resolution I use - 1024x768, it takes up allmost ALL of my screenspace. That's equivalent of having an olden computer's wallpaper in your signature. It goes through the forum tables, which makes the forums look really weird and it takes a long time to scroll.

It saves time to have large things under control.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasuke Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:08 pm

Yeah, But small sigs are weird and confusing and when they have text on them They are really hard to read.
Sasuke
Sasuke
Hinata's Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Z Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Sasuke wrote:Yeah, But small sigs are weird and confusing and when they have text on them They are really hard to read.
There's really no need to put a lot of text on small space (I think that the text I have in my sig is totally readable, even for my blind eyes). That text could just be added as text, below the picture or something.

I disagree about small sigs being weird and confusing though. I take some pride in photoshopping small signatures for the forums I use (no, I don't classify the signature I'm currently using as one, it was made quickly and easily).
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasuke Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Yeah im gonna have to agree with you on that, but with that being said Its not up to me about the sigs its up to Naruto121 my boss.
Sasuke
Sasuke
Hinata's Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum